The Dade County Courthouse: A Beacon of Justice

September 22nd, 2014

  Photo courtesy of the Florida Archives. A beacon of justice, the Dade County Courthouse has had an illustrious past spanning over 80 years. This historical building was the first high-rise built in downtown Miami. It was also Dade County's third courthouse. Standard Oil tycoon Henry Flagler donated the land at 73 West Flagler Street where the second courthouse, built in 1904, once stood Read More...

All Aboard the Rebirth of Flagler’s Railroad

September 5th, 2014

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz8pjfyxjDU&feature=youtu.be "It's Coming Down This Week!" read the newspaper headlines in 1963. The City of Miami decided that the downtown Miami Florida East Coast Railway (FEC) station needed to be demolished. Continuing labor strikes had disrupted passenger service for years Read More...